Today we announced MaiaLearning 2. It’s a major update to the college and career readiness platform schools have been using since 2015. New MaiaLearning 2 is faster to use. It engages students with a more modern look, and adds features counselors have asked for. It’s similar to the version which powers the State of California’s planning.
MaiaLearning 2 adds the following capabilities to the platform:
- Student Dashboard, showing upcoming tasks
- Student Document Locker to store all kinds of documents
- Search Programs and Majors, and select Favorites
- Student Goals and Experiences
- Counselor / Teacher Lesson Plans
- Ability to assign Goals, Tasks, and Journal prompts
- Dynamic reports, which create ad hoc groups for messaging
As a result, the new software adds powerful features to help both students and counselors. At the same time, it retains the ease of operation and core functions users like.
Nearly all client schools have transferred to the new platform; and we’ve preserved student and counselor data. Therefore, schools are getting off to a running start.
Counselors are responding positively. Just this morning, International School of the Sacred Heart Director of University Counseling Kelly Braun said, “Maia [Maialearning 2] is working like a dream so far!“.
The new system is easy for current users to learn, since most functions work as before. MaiaLearning, Inc. is asking its schools to request complimentary training updates from Phil Roybal at phil(at)maialearning(dot)com. New York BOCES schools should schedule training through Michelle Okal-Frink at mokal(at)e1b(dot)org.